www.flickr.com

Friday 4 July 2008

A Game of Paint Ball

As ignorant as I am, I had not heard, read, seen or known absolutely anything about Paint ball. But I was fortunate enough to get to play it with a group of extremely enthusiastic men and our CEO was generous enough to sponsor it (although I don't really know who paid the fee finally...hmm...not a very nice thing to say)

This was soon after a tech workshop that I was a involved in organizing. So it was a long tiresome day that we summed up by an even more tiring game of paint ball. In the beginning I didn't know how things really worked and I ended up finishing all my paint bullets. It is not very easy when everything looks blurry through the not-so-well-kept visor. And yeah, the helmets only served the purpose of protecting my eyes and forehead. My head was the target since I was not well versed with the game, considering my 1st time :) The head shot did not consider anything though, it hurt and it hurt bad. The yellow coloured hair gave me a funky look nonetheless.

I'd like to believe that I am quick learner and soon started aiming and shooting :P My glorious moment was when I shot a colleague whom I can't even aim at, while playing counter strike on the computer.

Mid-way itself, I was drenched in sweat, head to toe; the jackets were really thick. Formal clothes and sticky feeling , do not go hand in hand.

By the end of it, my team lost by a close margin and I emerged as a proud player. Not too bad for a first timer eh! Ithoroughly enjoyed myself but I must admit, it is an expensive indulgence. Don't know when I'll get to play it next.



The pics are taken from my camera phone. I don't really have the money to invest in a camera now, but I am saving some up. For now, we just have to make peace with these pics. No pics of me :( just my colleagues. I was the only girl there. The background is the where we played.

2 comments:

  1. Paint ball is fun, but it hurts like anything. I had black spots all over my back and chest after getting hit countless times while playing this game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @akshay, didn't they give you appropriate padding?? I was quite secure except for the neck and top portion of my head.
    Probably you didn't play the game right and got hit more often than not :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by :)